What Information We Collect
For All Transactions:
CONTACT INFORMATION, including:
- Phone numbers
- Email addresses
When Renting a vehicle, including being added as an authorised additional driver, Subscribing with Enterprise, or joining CarShare or Car Club, we may collect:
Driving Qualifications and Identify Verification, including:
- Driving licence information, including date of birth and photographs you submit of you and your driving licence.
- Insurance information
- Proof of residence
- Personal references
Transaction Information, including:
- Vehicle rental information
- Rental and return locations
- Dates of the rental
- Type of rental and your vehicle preference
- Ancillary products purchased
- Airline and flight number
- Photographs you submit of receipts through the camera feature available on some of our mobile applications and websites
- Billing information
- Credit Card information
Loyalty and Affiliation Information, including:
- Enterprise, Alamo or National rewards and loyalty information
- Online user account details
- Corporate Account ID numbers
- Membership numbers
- Frequent flyer or travel partner affiliations
- Information related to details of accidents involving our vehicles, including that of any third parties such as involved individuals, witnesses and police reports
Health Information, including:
- Information about relevant health conditions you have that assist us in providing you with adaptive driving devices; or related to claims involving injuries
Optional Information, including:
- Emergency contact information
- Any preferences or special requirements you may have
When Purchasing a Vehicle
In addition to the contact information, identity verification and driving qualification information listed above, when you purchase a vehicle through Enterprise Car Sales and apply for financing, we will also collect:
Financial and Personal History Information, including:
- Credit history
- Employment history
- Other personal information required to complete the credit application
Car Sale Transaction Information, including:
- Vehicle purchased
- Purchase price
- Vehicle trade-in
- Ancillary products purchased
When contacting us for Accident Management Assistance services
In addition to the contact information, driving qualification, transactional and health information listed above, when you contact us for accident management assistance purposes (which we may administer on behalf of the entity that refers your details to us, be it your insurer, manufacturer, employer, dealership, fleet management provider or breakdown provider), we will also collect:
Claims information, including:
- Information related to details of accidents, including that of any third parties such as involved individuals, witnesses and police reports
- Insurance details
- Information about the incident to determine who is at fault
- Vehicle details
- Credit repair details
- Details regarding your vehicle repair needs and your onward mobility needs
When using our Websites and Mobile Applications
Browser Information, including:
- Web logs
Device Information, including:
- Unique device identifiers
- IP address
- Operating system
- Precise geo-location information
With your consent, we will access location-based information, such as precise geo-location, zip code, postcode, city, metropolitan area or geographic region from your mobile device. We will use this information to provide you with notifications related to our locations, return information, local offers or other information that we think will be helpful in providing you with better services. We are only able to identify you using the location-based information if you allow our mobile applications to access your device's location services. The location-based information is retained for seven years. This data is hosted by our analytics providers.
With your consent, our application will utilise your device's camera.
If you have allowed us to utilise your location information or your device's camera in the past, and wish to revoke the permissions, please change the settings on your device.
Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies
When Participating in Surveys or Promotions
- Marketing preferences
- Feedback on services provided
Information We Collect from Third Parties
Third parties provide us with additional information about you or your household, including:
- Referral sources, such as third-party online booking sites (who provide us with general contact information and a booking confirmation number to facilitate the rental), your employer (general contact information), credit unions and your insurance provider (general contact and policy information);
- Where applicable, our Refer-A-Friend, or similar programmes;
- Hotel, airline and membership clubs who provide us your general contact information and booking information;
- Third parties who, for fraud prevention purposes, provide us with identity-related verification and document authentication;
- Credit and financing partners, including credit reporting agencies, who facilitate the completion of credit applications when financing a vehicle purchase;
- Franchisees who provide us with information regarding your rental transactions;
- Service providers, such as customer support (customer-service-related information and enquiries made by you), security services (footage of you from our CCTV system) and customer survey providers (your response to our customer service surveys);
- Marketing providers who provide information to assist us to better communicate our products and services, including email acquisition services, data hygiene services, data brokers, and market research partners and platforms.
- Social media content you have made available to the public
Our vehicles may be equipped with technology that collects and transmits data from your rental vehicle. This may include information collected from event data recorders, global positioning devices, OnStar® systems or any other similar technology. When installed and where permissible, this technology will enable us to collect and use information such as:
- precise location information;
- collision information; and
- vehicle operation information, such as operational condition, mileage, tyre pressure and fuel status, and other diagnostic and performance information.
Our use of information collected from the rental vehicle may include sharing information with third parties as described in this policy.
If you are a member of our CarShare or Car Club business, we also collect data from the vehicle such as when you started and ended your trips, including if your trip has not ended on time, as well as vehicle entry successes and failures.
If you pair your mobile device with the rental vehicle's satellite navigation or infotainment systems, your personal information may be transferred to and stored on these systems. We cannot guarantee the privacy or confidentiality of such information and it is your responsibility to wipe your personal information from these systems before returning the vehicle. Otherwise, the next users of the vehicle will be able to access this information.
In the European Union, our vehicles are required to be equipped with eCall technology, which is activated if your vehicle is involved in an accident. eCall will automatically call and provide information regarding the accident to emergency services. We will also use, disclose and have access to this information.
Vehicle Data will be shared with emergency service providers, others who assist in responding to an accident, telematics service operators or those with whom we have a legal or contractual obligation to provide such data.
You have the option of enrolling in one of our loyalty programmes. These programmes offer benefits related to your transactions with us.
There is no obligation to join one of these programmes; however, your employer may choose to use our loyalty programme to facilitate their company travel programme. If you or your company choose to enrol in one of these programmes, you may cancel your membership at any time by accessing our Global Privacy Portal on our Contact Us page.
Our websites and online marketing are not directed to, and Enterprise Holdings does not knowingly collect personal information from, children under the age of 18 or your country's age of minority. If you nevertheless believe that your child has provided us with their personal information and you need to let us know to delete it, please contact us using the link at the top of this page.