What Information We Collect
Information Collected About You
You may provide us with certain information in connection with a transaction or in your interactions with our websites and at our locations. We collect the following types of personal information from you:
- Your name, contact information, date of birth, driving licence number and expiration date and emergency contact information;
- Vehicle rental information, including the location of where the vehicle is rented, date of rental, type of rental and your preferences;
- Your credit card details, Enterprise, Alamo or National rewards information, online user account details, membership/corporate ID numbers, passport information and frequent flyer or travel partner affiliations;
- Information you provide regarding your marketing preferences or in the course of participating in surveys or promotional offers;
- Photographs you submit of you and your driving licence or your receipts through camera features available on some of our mobile applications and websites;
- Information about relevant health conditions you have that assist us in providing you with adaptive driving devices; and
- Financial information that is necessary to facilitate the purchase or lease of a vehicle from a Car Sales or Fleet Management location
Third parties provide us with additional information about you, including:
- Referral Sources, such as third party online booking sites (who provide us general contact information and a booking confirmation number to facilitate the rental), your employer (general contact information) and your insurance provider (general contact and policy information).
- Where applicable, our Refer-A-Friend programmes.
- Hotel, airline and membership clubs, who provide us your general contact information and booking information.
- Credit reporting agencies, who, for fraud prevention purposes, provide us with identity-related information.
- Franchisees, who provide us information regarding your rental transactions.
- Service Providers, such as customer support (customer service-related information and enquiries made by you), customer survey providers (your response to our customer service surveys) and marketing providers (information to assist us to better communicate our products and services).
With your consent, we will access location-based information or collect location markers from your mobile device or based on your IP address. We will use this information to provide you with notifications related to our locations, return information, local offers or other information that we think will be helpful in providing you with better services. We do not use this information to specifically locate you for any reason other than to provide you the service. With your consent, our application will utilise your device's camera. If you have allowed us to utilise your location information or your device's camera in the past and wish to revoke the permissions, please change the settings on your device.
Vehicle Operation and Location Data
Our vehicles may be equipped with a vehicle telematics system ("Telematics System"). Some or all Telematics System functionality will be active during rental periods. Telematics Systems provide us with use of, disclosure of or access to (1) location information, (2) crash notification and related crash data, (3) operational condition, mileage, diagnostic and performance reporting of vehicles and (4) driver behavioural information ("Telematics Data"), as permitted by law.
We are not responsible for any data that is left in the vehicle as a result of your use. We cannot guarantee the privacy or confidentiality of such information and you must wipe it before you return the vehicle to us.
In the European Union, our vehicles are required to be equipped with eCall technology, which is activated if your vehicle is involved in an accident. eCall will automatically call and provide information regarding the accident to emergency services. We will also use, disclose and have access to this information.
Telematics Data will be shared with emergency service providers, others who assist in responding to an accident, telematics service operators or those with whom we have a legal or contractual obligation to provide such data.
Our websites and online marketing are not directed to, and Enterprise Holdings does not knowingly collect personal information from, children under the age of 18 or your country's age of minority. If you nevertheless believe that your child has provided us with their personal information and you need to let us know to delete it, please contact us using the link at the top of this page.