Who We Share Information With
As a global provider of transportation solutions, we share your information as follows to provide a seamless transactional experience.
To identify who is the data controller or equivalent under applicable law in respect of your personal information, see the Key Facts information provided in your rental reservation, the rental terms and conditions or visit the Contact Us page.
We may use a fulfilment provider to carry out your rental car transaction. For example, if you make a reservation for a car and driver in countries that require a driver, we will send your Contact and Transactional Information to the fulfilment provider in those countries. Where car and driver services are made available for you to reserve, these services are fulfilled by the company disclosed at the time of reservation. While made available through our branded websites, these companies are independent operators.
Car Sale Transactions
Our Service Providers and Business Partners
We will share your:
Contact, driving qualification, transactional, claims information, car sales financial and personal information and car sale transactional information
- Payment, administrative and technical support providers
- Our insurance replacement, corporate rental or other customers or partners to facilitate the vehicle repair, rental transaction and rewards programmes with Enterprise Holdings group members
- Vehicle recovery agents
- Debt collection providers
- Credit Reporting Agencies
- Identity and address verification providers
- Claims processors
- Vehicle manufacturers and their vehicle repair providers and/or roadside assistance providers
- Fleet providers
- Other providers for vehicle repair and damage assessment purposes
- Claims processors
- Adaptive device providers
Contact and transactional information
- Toll and citation processors
Contact, Transactional, Loyalty and Affiliation Information:
- For insurance replacement, corporate rental or other customers or partners to facilitate the rental transaction and rewards programmes with Enterprise Holdings group members;
- Companies who conduct customer research or satisfaction surveys on our behalf;
- Communication providers that send email, text and other marketing and service-related communications to you on our behalf; In the European Union, our communications provider, Twilio, may collect and process certain information from you as a controller to provide these services. Please visit Twilio's privacy notice here to learn more about their data practices.
- Customer support providers, such as the provider of our live chat feature, in order to provide you with customer service;
Web and Mobile Information
- Analytics and technology providers for location-based services and to analyse, enhance and manage our data in order to provide, maintain and improve our services;
- Web and mobile application session replay partners allow us to replay user sessions to improve browsing experience and troubleshoot errors; and
Anonymised and De-identified information
- Our advertising and marketing partners and third-party media properties, including social media sites, with whom we share aggregated or de-identified information about our customers, to allow them to send targeted advertising messages on our behalf (subject to confidentiality agreements as appropriate).
Your personal information may also be shared with government authorities as outlined above.
Sale, Merger or Change in Control
Your information may also be transferred to another company in the event of a transfer, change of ownership, reorganisation or assignment of all or part of Enterprise Holdings' businesses or assets. This will occur if the parties have entered into an agreement under which the collection, use and disclosure of the information is limited to those purposes of the business transaction, including a determination whether or not to proceed with the business transaction. You will be notified via email or prominent notice on our websites for thirty (30) days of any such change in ownership or control of your personal information or as otherwise may be required or permitted by law.
We may post customer testimonials on our websites which may contain your contact information. We use a third-party provider to manage this process. This provider is responsible for obtaining your consent as necessary, removing content upon your request and answering any questions you may have.
Social Media Widgets
Selling your Information
Enterprise does not sell your personal information to third parties. While we do not sell your data, under Nevada law, residents still may submit a request to not have their data sold. If you are a Nevada resident, you can exercise this right by accessing our Global Privacy Portal on our Contact Us page.
While we do not sell your data, as is common with companies with an online presence, some of our advertising uses information collected by businesses from our digital properties, including IP addresses, digital identifiers, information about your web browsing and how you interact with our properties and ads, in order to provide you with relevant ads across the Internet and for other analytics purposes. These companies may sell that information to other businesses for advertising and other purposes.
Under the California Consumer Privacy Act, California residents have the right to opt out from sales of their personal information. California residents can exercise that right by visiting www.privacyrights.info to opt out from sales of this type of personal information by businesses that participate in the opt out tool.